Friday, August 10, 2007

The Creation

After talking to Tammy one evening I was feeling a strong desire to refocus my children's school time and find something that would be exciting for me and for them. So I prayed fervently that night for some guidance, the following day took me to Desseret Book. A new book jumped out at me "The Story of The Creation From the Book of Moses" by Daniel and Rebecca Ridges Jensen. I felt a strong pull to it and loved the pictures so I bought it. I am so glad I did. It was the start I needed. As I have read the book with the girls it has opened up so many questions and ideas of what they want to learn about. All about the world and everything in it. I suddenly realized how by studying the scriptures we truly could be led to learn about everything. Just by going into detail about the creation we have things to learn about that could take years! We talk about learning about the planets, stars, sun, moon, earth, water, plants, animals, and our very own bodies! I am so happy to be learning this with the girls and to be doing it while tying it all into the creation and the creator. The learning has become just beautiful to me. Right now the girls are especially interested in the plants that where made to cover the earth, how the seeds are in each one, and how they grow. So I bought a book made for children about herbs and plants and it teaches the medicinal properties of plants and how to identify them. When we learn this alongside the fact that Heavenly Father created these amazing plants it is surprising how they just eat up all this knowledge. Harley came running up to me with a plant root from the yucca plant knowing if she chewed it and put it on Niyahs sore that it would stop the pain. WOW what a neat thing to know about. There is so much for them to learn and I am so happy to be able to help them and learn with them. What a gift I have been given.

1 comment:

Tammy Jensen said...

That's so awesome. Truly, I'm finding that the Lord will guide us to those things that our children need. Tara brought some friends up for a conference last year (teens). We listened as they elaborated on their mother's mothering. I wanted to be just like her even though I'd never met her!! They said, "She just always knew what we needed." I think of that everytime I get a prompting or hear of another mom getting a prompting about what to teach her children.