My son and I recently found a children's atlas at the D.I. in town and he's spent many hours perusing the pages telling me about all the wonderful places he will go when he gets 'Daddy's age.' The other day, I sat down to read to him out of the 'Friend.' He always loves the page with all of the faces of children from around the world. I grabbed the atlas and with each new child we read about, we found where that child lived on the map. It was a really simple, yet fun way to teach geography.
2 comments:
I've copied this idea. It's amazing how many times in our school time, I have the opportunity to grab the globe and show them "why Nephi needed to build the boat, or where so and so lived. Excellent idea!
That's a GREAT idea! We'll have to try it!
Post a Comment